QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Delicious New Fabric

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to have new fabric!  Not all the fabric in the picture below is new but some of it is.  I have pulled pieces from stash to go along with some newly purchased fabric.  I have intentions of using  the selection for the "Caswell" quilt pattern.  I have had the pattern for a while.  I missed out on the first round in Blogland when so many were making their blocks.  Now, there is another go round and I am on the band wagon.......I hope.


The pattern can be viewed and purchased at Sentimental Stitches.  There are other websites that have the pattern available.  This is just one that I know of without searching others out.  I purchased mine at Common Threads but I don't find it available there any longer.  I need some more pinks and reds for variety.  And I am thinking about whether I want to use two background fabrics or one.  I am waiting on one more package of fabric to arrive but there isn't going to be much in it to add to what I have already have out in this mix.

Looking forward to another quilt project.
Karen

26 comments:

  1. Oh this will be fun to follow! and a gorgeous collection of fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will enjoy watching these fabric come to life. I always enjoy your choices. Hope all is good!. Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful quilt, and I look forward to seeing your rendition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful fabric choices, look forward to seeing your progress.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful quilt, I will enjoy watching you make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and a very ambitious project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fabric Karen, love the Caswell quilt pattern. Have been looking at it for quiet a while too.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it will be fun to watch you work on this. I've seen some others making it here and there and wasn't sure where it came from / nice to see the whole quilt over at the SS link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it will be fun to watch you work on this. I've seen some others making it here and there and wasn't sure where it came from / nice to see the whole quilt over at the SS link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caswell is such a beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fabric choice is wonderful!
    I found the pattern at
    http://www.threadbear.com.au
    (they still have it!) and am looking forward making it.
    I am happy to follow your progress in the meantime and it is very motivating!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Caswell quilt and your fabrics will sing! Excited to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a good selection. Isn’t it fun to get fabric packages in the mail and see it they turned out like you expected?

    ReplyDelete
  14. New fabric always makes me happy. You have some real lovely pieces there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabrics are beautiful--nothing like a trip to the quilt shop to lift a girls spirits

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking forward to seeing your Caswell blocks with these pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's always fun to play with the new stuff! I love the Caswell Quilt and I'm looking forward to watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy fabric colors and so Spring like! New fabric always inspires me to play!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karen que maravillosas telas!!
    el edredón Caswell es precioso,
    buen fin des semana

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, boy, new fabric and a new project. You're going to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a beauty of a quilt! Looks like fun to pull (and buy) fabrics for it. Nice variety.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful quilt and pattern.
    I know your version will turn out gorgeous and look forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i plan to start this quilt also this year, my pattern is ordered and on the way:) you have pretty fabrics pulled.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice selection of reproductions. So far I have been a good girl - only ordered some 108" wide backing fabric yesterday - still trying to finish up the Basket quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's going to be wonderful and I look forward to the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

    The colors are great that you have pulled/purchased so far. Can't wait to see how the blocks turn out.

    The applique quilt I am working on is mostly brights. Not usually my entire color pallet but I like the way things are turning out so far.

    ReplyDelete