QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Monthly Blocks

I am trying to keep up with the blocks a month that I have started.  I completed the third block for the free sew-along being presented by Wendy Whellum of Legend and Lace.  This block is called "Lollipop Flowers".


Next up are the four current blocks for the 1857 Sampler quilt from Sentimental Stitches.





I am using solid fabrics except for the corner diamonds.  Now having seen others doing them in the Civil War style prints, I am wishing I had done that.  But I am not going back and starting over nor doing a second set.  Too many irons in the quilting fire already.

I also have a finished wall hanging.  This is the second one of these I have made.  The first was completed in October of 2014 and given as a gift.  I also made one for myself but did not quilt it until late last year.  Then the binding got put on last week.  This is a section of a pattern that I chose to do as a wall hanging.  The pattern used was "Autumn" and by Heart To Hand.  Wool applique and quilted with perle cotton in a big stitch.



14 comments:

  1. Sweet little wall hanging! and I love your 1857 blocks in solids! You are doubtful about the solids now but I am positive it will look just wonderful when done - well worth being restrained now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a quick job on the Lollipop block! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I was thinking your 1857 blocks were the best I've seen yet! Love how vibrant they look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lollipop flowers are the best. I wouldn't worry about the look of the solid fabric. It's going to be awesome when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 1857 blocks in solids!! That lollipop blocks is a beauty too and I love the little basket finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are all making it very hard for me to resist the 1857 sew-a-long. These are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are all looking lovely--I wouldn't start over either--they will still make a beautiful quilt. The mini quilt is so sweet--love anything with a bird on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your 1857 blocks in the solids. I thought about using solids for mine but I have so much of the other fabrics I need to use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could mix solids and prints in future blocks, there are so many blocks they will all fit great together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was about to suggest what Dawn wrote, and then I read her comment. Something to consider.
    Love the lollipop flowers, and the gradation of color in the leaves is a nice touch.
    The basket block makes a great little wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your blocks and your sweet little wallhanging! I think the solids are just wonderful, and you'll love them when you get them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're 1857 blocks are beautiful. I love the use of pink. I'm using Jo Morton fabric on mine and keep wondering if I should have chosen solids. I guess we all second guess ourselves. I'm still working on the circles block (almost done) and have the tulip block to do before the next month's batch comes out. The little basket wall hanging is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never get tired of seeing your finishes blocks! So pretty. The little quilt is wonderful, also.

    ReplyDelete