QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Slow Stitching Sunday

I am late to the show today.  Just now getting round to posting some slow stitched blocks.


The Heart Wreath is from a Jeana Kimball design in her "Forget-Me Not" book.  It took some time getting in and about all those stem and leaf parts.  Glad it is done.


The log cabin is from a pattern by Laurene Sinema called "Miniature Folk Art".  There was nothing miniature about this block.  It was the center medallion on the quilt design.  I left off a cat on the roof, another bird, and windows on the door.  Also a folk art looking tree on the left side and a vine of sorts on the right.  The designs used in the pattern blocks are inspired by antique quilt blocks.


Lily of the Valley


Wild Rose

I resurrected a UFO and finished the stitching on  the Lily of the Valley block and then felt inspired to continue on to the Wild Rose.  I still have several blocks to do.  I originally saw the blocks being done by Karen of Moose Bay Muses.  You can see her blocks all set together by going here.  The blocks are from vintage designs called "Memory Bouquet".  The designs can be done in applique or as Karen did and now myself in a combo of embroidery and applique.  I purchased my pattern set though Craftsy and click here to see the pattern.

I am linking to Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday which can be found here.

Karen

24 comments:

  1. The house block is nice as it is. I can't imagine having additional details.

    I love the combination of appliqué and embroidery. Very nice blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Log Cabin block looks very complicated. You did a really nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that top block looks HARD, lol - love it and the log cabin, that's really spectacular! I do like the combination of applique and embroidery in your last two blocks, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love your appliqué blocks, and I love the log cabin. Beautiful stitching too, my stitching is getting sloppy so I had to resort to using my new glasses, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with/awe of that log cabin block!! Where do you plan to use this one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your blocks are beautiful. I like how you adapted the patterns to your own style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like both of those applique blocks are very detailed and intricate. Nice work.
    I can't recall if you have posted embroidery work since I started following you--very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cute log cabin and the heart block is gorgeous though it looks incredibly hard & complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh all lovely --my favorite is that JK wreath--it is amazing...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful projects all, love slow stitching Sunday's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Moly! That applique!! Nice work Karen! No wonder you decided to change to embroidery for a few blocks:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen muy bonitos todos los bloques
    inmenso trabajo en la girnalda !!
    me encanta el lirio del valle
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  14. As usual your blocks are gorgeous! I love that Red and White quilt! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can believe it took some time to do that heart--wow! It's beautiful and I love your cabin also! The Memory Bouquet blocks are looking great--thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blocks and yes-I can see how long that first block took as I love to applique--lots of in and out on that one--
    and your wool block is cute and great job on the Memory blocks--having several projects to work on is always a fun way to spend the week end--
    love and laughter, di

    ReplyDelete
  17. That heart wreath looks well worth the effort!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Karen, the applique heart is all in one piece. What a great applique block.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your log cabin block and all the detail. How big is it? From a book of miniatures, but you say it isn't miniature. It looks really small....
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did all that on a slow stitching day? Wow! I like your applique blocks. I know what you mean about blocks with lots of tight inside curves. Seems every time you finish one another is coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 2 very beautiful and intricate applique' blocks this week, congratulations. Your red work blocks are very sweet too.
    I like that the baskets are pieced/applique'd on.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the Log Cabin block! I met Laurene one time at her shop her in Arizona...talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great applique blocks, as always! Love the redwork blocks, too. I did them as applique blocks some time ago.

    ReplyDelete