QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Friday, March 11, 2016

One Plus Two

I have block number 15 done for the album quilt.  I am so enjoying selecting fabrics, prepping, and stitching these blocks.  The "Apples and Vase" design is from Laurene Sinema's "Primitive Folk Art Designs" book.  I am at the half way point on making the blocks needed for the quilt.


I switched after the apples block to finishing the two blocks still needed for the Civil War quilt I started quite some time ago.  The pattern I am using is an out of print one by Barbara Brackman called "War & Pieces".  The first block pattern is titled "Christian Tree".


The second block is titled "Tree of Harmony".


I quickly put the blocks up on the design wall so I could take a picture of all the blocks together.  The soldier on the horse is not from the pattern set.  My favorite block is Abe and Mary Lincoln.


I have to check my stash for border fabric or maybe make a trip to the local quilt shop for some.  The pattern set has the option of a pieced border or applique.  I prefer the applique border design.

Have a wonderful day and be sure to take time to relax and work on a quilt.
Karen

26 comments:

  1. Surprise...it is me! oh that kitty block...gets me smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apples and vase!
    I so admire what you can do with needle and thread and your own two hands. War and Pieces (clever pattern name) is another stunning applique quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks are each and all so interesting! Lovely work! I'm eager to see how you put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all these blocks; wonderful :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can why you keep finding more projects to get started on. These blocks are just about irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a lovely grouping of blocks--each one is nicer than the next!! I love that little kitty hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen todos los bloques son maravillosos
    Pero mi debilidad son las manzana
    Buen fin de semana
    Mi fin de semana es muy emocionante
    Se celebra el Festival Onternsvinal de patchwork de Sitges mañana allí estare

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your applique blocks are beautiful--applique is not one of my skills and I admire those who do applique

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't select a favorite block, I love them all. What is your favorite LQS now? It seems a few more have opened up around you or maybe they are just new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new blocks and love the civil war quilt. I still need to finish my ladies quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so beautiful. I have found a renewed interest in applique quilts and am working on the 1857 quilt. Love all these interesting blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been having fun working on all these delightful blocks. The apples and vase is a gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is a lot of detail in the Civil War blocks. They are amazing. I think you have a lot of patience!
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The grouping of all your quaint blocks is really a charming effect. I noticed that you've carefully made a subtle change in the alternating background color to keep it lively. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karen these blocks are so beautiful they take my breath away. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love your newest blocks!
    So exciting to see all the blocks grouped together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great blocks Karen. I thought the one looked familiar, I think it's from the Folk Art Museum quilt. This will be a great quilt with an applique border!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fun blocks! I adore them all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. NICE WORK!!! I really love your nine blocks together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very interesting how you selected your blocks. Applique is so calming and fun to do. You will have a great album quilt when finished! Hard work pays off

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of your blocks are gorgeous, but I really love the apples and vase block!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all so gorgeous, Karen. Thank you for uploading such big images, because I love being able to zoom in on your amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You do such beautiful applique! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful blocks Karen, all of them.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I love Abe and Mary as well but they are all beautiful. Sometimes I think that your needle flies faster than a speeding bullet :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just reD about the Christmas tree block in a Baltimore album book, fun block. The other blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete