QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Another County Album Update Plus More

Two more blocks completed for the Album quilt.  Four to go.....I think.


The first block is from Laurene Sinema's Miniature Folk Art pattern.


The second block designis from Jeana Kimball's book "Forget-Me-Not Quilts".  If you are looking for a copy of this book, there are some available on Amazon.


The tulip block design is a freebie from Legend and Lace.  This is the April block.


Block design is from the 1857 patterns being given by Sentimental Stitches.  I am curious to know how others have created the sun block.  I did it in applique but the block could have been pieced.


You will notice that I stopped stitching the pink diamonds on the corners.  I am not liking them all that well and am thinking about another way of setting the blocks.


These last two blocks are unusual designs for a quilt.  I can't decide what the items are with the heart block.  Maybe an iron or a planer type tool.  Maybe a T square and a trowel.  Any ideas?

I will be stitching on the next album block this evening.  Hope you find time to work on a quilt project too.
Karen

16 comments:

  1. All of your applique' blocks are stunning!
    2 more fabulous blocks for your Album quilt.

    I too thought the tool blocks were unusual for the 1857 quilt.
    Your blocks for this one are beautiful too!
    I like that you applique'd the Sun block instead of EPP. I think I'm going to take the same approach with it.

    You amaze me with how much you are able to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen preciosos bloques!!
    La cesta me encanta.
    Las herramientas me sorprenden,
    he guardada el bloque de los tulipanaes.
    Buen fin desemana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you piece the sun block and then applique it on to the background? Or is that just the way it looks in the picture? I appliqued each little diamond shape and because of that have improved my skills with the corner diamonds -ha!. I read somewhere that the tools in the heart block might be used by someone doing plaster work. Another thought one might be and old iron. I haven't done that block yet because I can't figure it out and would prefer to applique something more meaningful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the blocks are good, but I absolutely LOVE the second block. And I have no idea about the tools. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used blocks from different designs, they will all look wonderful together. I do like doing that when there are just some that I like, mixing them up is a great way to use the ones I like.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. All lovely blocks but that first one is just adorable! I know that awhile back on the FB group someone identified those tools but I can't recall what they were now. I think the unusual blocks such as these and others are what makes this quilt so interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the end is in sight. I like your approach of doing it your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the awe of your blocks. They are so beautiful. I am not adding the diamonds to my 1857 blocks. I too am planning on doing a different setting. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work on the sun block! It looks wonderful as do all your blocks! Interesting that you're leaving off the diamonds in the corners. Curious how you will be setting the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all beautiful. I especially love the fire pumper block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those tool blocks are very unusual--I think you are right about the trowel and square--the other one looks like a float for smoothing cement, maybe? All your blocks are beautiful, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That first block looks so impossible to applique, lol - but you did it beautifully! Someday I want to grow up to applique like you. Really love how you did the sun, I love it appliqued!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Busy Busy Lady - I am trying to hurry..... Beautiful blocks! You will have some beautiful quilts when completed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And you are still doing Laurene blocks today! That's terrific. You must have managed to find quite a few of her books and/or patterns. =) desertskyquilts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blocks, Karen. The sun block is amazing!

    ReplyDelete