QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Monday, August 8, 2016

Beyond the Cherry Tree Blocks Six, Seven, Eight

Three more blocks done for "Beyond the Cherry Tree".




The basket block is probably my favorite design in the pattern set.  Love those leaves done in the stripe.


This last block looked like it would not take a long time to stitch but I was only able to do one section out of four each day.

I enjoy reading and have been working my way through a series of books that the story lines take place in an English country village.  But now I am taking a short break to read a quilt related fiction story by Frances O'Roark Dowell called "Birds in the Air".  She has written children's books in the past so this is her first adult novel.  I am up to chapter six and liking it thus far.  I will be doing a book review soon.

Additional info added:
I have had a few people ask what books I am reading about the English country village.  Right now I am reading books by Rebecca Shaw and there are 18 or 19 of them.  Previously, I read the series of books by Miss Read that was about an English country village teacher and the small school.  I think there were 18 books in the series.  I find them used on Amazon.

Karen

26 comments:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful. I'm not an expert for speedy appliquer but your last block looks like it would have taken me days to finish. So many leaves!

    What was the book you read about the English country village? I haven't ready any of Dowell's books but I've been working on the Cobbled Court series by Bostwick and have been enjoying it.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have picked out beautiful fabrics and prints for your blocks, they look stunning.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. From where I sit, it sure seems like you stitch all these beautiful very quickly! This quilt is going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new blocks are beautiful! I'm looking forward to your book review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't think of enough brilliant adjectives to cover the beautiful applique blocks you make. Another lovely group!
    I'll be interested in your book review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen ¡¡¡¡impresionantes !!!
    tus bloques son tan bonitos......
    me gustan muchísimo
    mirare si el libro esta en español,
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed with your beautiful applique works...great color choices, too...Love 'em! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the blocks are stunning but that basket with the bright red berries is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All 3 of your B.T. Cherry Tree blocks are gorgeous!
    Your stitch work is beautiful!
    You are making remarkable progress on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your newest cherry tree blocks are so pretty! I like the green striped fabric too. That is going to be one pretty quilt with all those pops of RED.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG...your blocks are beautiful. This quilt is on my wish list. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. As usual, absolutely beautiful. I just completed one of my Ms Potts blocks and the berries were as big as a DIME so I know that it took some time to do that block! Great work and enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous blocks. I missed out on this BOM but am working on 1857.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful blocks! I love the first one the most. Anxious to hear your book review. I'm trying to read more.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of the blocks but I do think the basket is my favorite. I've been AWOL so I have a lot of catching up to do! Can't wait to see what else you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice! I just love your blocks and am enjoying seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the basket block is my favorite too--all the blocks are charming!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with Janet commenting above - wonderful blocks and colours! It's going to be a stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. More gorgeous blocks to be added to the others!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my...the first block makes me think embroidery ! The others are stunning especially the second with the basket !

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the striped fabric leaves and the other blocks are stunning as well. What book did you read about the English countryside??? Enquiring minds need to know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, you are a no-reply blogger so I cannot e-mail you directly. I have added the information about the books in my post. You are not the only one to ask.

      Delete
  22. I might have to agree. That basket block is sensational! Love those Farmhouse fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are all gorgeous but I especially love that basket block!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cherry tree blocks are great. I made all of them years ago but don't have them assembled or quilted. You chose pretty fabrics. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your blocks. Your fabric choices are perfect. Hugs

    ReplyDelete