QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Monday, November 21, 2016

Bountiful Life Update

Another block done for the "Bountiful Life" quilt.  I think the table with apples and vase is one of the very recognizeable blocks from the quilt along with the bride block.



I recently found a magazine rack at a thrift store and thought it might work to display some smaller size quilts.  I haven't filled it all the way yet.


A previous magazine rack purchase at the same store works a little better.  I just need to sort through the quilt cabinets and pull out more smaller size quilts.


I am working on three small wall hangings for Thanksgiving but am not going to be able to finish more than one. I am working on turkeys.  One is a Cheri pattern, one a Jan Patek design, and one a Buttermilk Basin design.   I also am starting on some small Christmas projects.  So most of the applique blocks for ongoing quilt projects are on hold.  A busy time of year!

Karen

21 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite blocks in the quilt. Nice job! The little racks are great, I'm going to have to go hunt up one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen esa mesa es una delicia me encanta !!
    bonita cabecera y las escaleras todo un acierto.
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. The magazine racks make a wonderful display. All of your small quilts look very happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block and quilts, as always! What is the wooden piece that your Noel is hanging from? Looks interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely block--the fringed tablecloth is really nice, and I love each of the fabrics you have used. It seems to fit so well together.
    Fun idea for using the magazine racks. I especially like that second one. Makes me want to go hunting thrift stores and antique malls to see what I can find.
    Oh, I am with you on not finishing up my Thanksgiving wool projects. I had such hopes. I think I am still deluding myself that I will squeak one more under the wire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful block. And what a clever display idea!! Will look forward to seeing your holiday stitching. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block is wonderful !! Great job Karen...and I will wait for some pics about your other blocks because I don't know the magazines...
    Happy Thanksgiving !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work on the block. I am saving the most difficult for last.
    Like your quilt rack! Neat

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your latest Bountiful Life block!
    The magazine racks are a wonderful idea for displaying your small quilts. The look fabulous hanging on them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful block - I made this block in a raffle of the quilt blocks. I didn't win unfortunately.
    great rack for quilt display

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful block! Great re purpose of the magazine rack!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely block and I love your idea for using magazine rack!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The magazine racks are a great idea for displaying small quilts.

    Your latest block is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Bountiful Life block! What a great idea using magazine racks for your adorable little quilts--I can see I'm going to have to do some antiquing--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful little projects look fabulous in your home.
    have a great holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a great idea in regards to the racks and this block is beautiful :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet ! the little nine patches :o))
    And your new block is beatiful !:o))

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute idea for hanging your little quilts! Nice work on the beautiful applique block.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've often wondered how you could display all your wonderful quilts! Do you rotate for the seasons?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the racks, but I love your block even more!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great quilt racks! I'll be on the lookout the next time I'm in a thrift store.

    ReplyDelete