QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Hark the Herald Angels Sing

I hope your holiday season has been a good one however you celebrate it.  I am sharing with you a small angel piece I made and gifted.  I found an image of old sheet music for "Hark the Herald Angels Sing".  I printed it onto an inkjet fabric sheet from Electric Quilt.  The angel is from an older Jill Kemp pattern.  Simple machine quilting.



Another gift that I made is the snowman doorstop.  The pattern I used is by Birdbrain Designs.  Click here to see the pattern.  The snowman is weighted with a pocket of crushed walnut shells.  I doubt it will be used as a doorstop but the weight does help it to stand upright.  There is also a Santa pattern made in the same way.

I used a pillow ticking type stripe for the back of the snowman.

I also made some basket  fillers from Cheri Saffiote patterns.  I reduced the pattern size.

And last, I made a small wool angel wall hanging.  I used the small angel wall hangings in place of sending a Christmas card.  I enjoyed doing them and think I will make more for the next Christmas season.


19 comments:

  1. Wonderful pieces and I am sure they were all well received, I know i love my little angel.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy. I love the new header quilt. That's a lot of work to send out instead of Christmas cards. The wall hanging is so cute. Love the basket filler pillows. I need to make some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen preciosos trabajos!!!
    el edredón de cabecera me encanta,
    todos estos trabajos tan deliciosos
    mucho trabajo tu idea en las tarjetas de Navidad
    buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. What a wonderful idea instead of a card. Thank you for sharing and have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your projects. Glad you had a good Christmas. Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute projects, Karen!! Merry Christmas, belated:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What darling gifts and lucky recipients!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely gifts! I was planning to cross stitch some of my cards this year, but somehow, that didn't happen. I love your little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made some very nice gifts. The snowman doorstop is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice creations! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful creations and gifts! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there...love the little basket fillers...so cute... Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trying again... might have used the wrong account ... such a long time since I have read blogs ... ;0) please respond... if you can :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the comment on my Dear Jane. I love the little gifts you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely little projects. I especially like the angel wall hanging :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful gifts! Your fabric selections and stitching are wonderful.
    Wishing you all the best in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those little Cheri "pillows" are adorable! I'm sure the recipients of these gifts felt loved and cherished.

    ReplyDelete