QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Friday, January 13, 2017

ABC Sampler Part One

The new year brings the desire to do new quilt projects.  Lori from Humble Quilts and myself are doing a sew-along together.  Always fun to work on a quilt project with a friend doing the same one even though we live on opposite sides of the country.  Lori and I have similar tastes in quilt making so there are many quilt designs we could select from.  This time we have chosen the ABC Sampler by Cheri.  The first block is done.  The first three letters of the alphabet.  I am using cotton (and maybe a bit of wool now and then) and doing needleturn applique.


I first saw the quilt blocks being made on "Quilting With Ragdolls" blog (the blog is still available to view but Judy no longer makes quilts.  I will link you to her Flicker account as it is easier to find the pictures there.  You have to scroll down a ways to see the beginning of the ABC blocks.  Click here.  Judy made some great Cheri and Jan Patek quilts and was someone I connected with early in my quilt blogging.

If you would like to see a good picture of the whole quilt design, I found a good one through Pinterest here.  I do not know who made this version of the pattern.

More to share with you tomorrow.
Karen 

25 comments:

  1. I love your block. I so wish I was joining you and Lori in this sew along but have too much to finish as is. Look forward to seeing more of this quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block, your work is such a joy to see. Hope things are going well your way. Take care, Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this style too, I look forward to your progress......just like your other current quilts.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! Gosh, I had looked around for another photo of the quilt and couldn't find one. I'm glad to see the one you found. I think my letters are too big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen un precioso trabajo!!
    me gusta este bloque

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sew-along, it has so many elements. It looks like allot of fun! Your first block and needle turn is perfect. Well done! Needle turn is what I don't do well ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorites and on my someday list! Yours is looking gorgeous! Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a WONDERFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having trouble finding the pattern. Is it still in print. I looked on Cheri's website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loula, you are a no-reply blogger so I cannot e-mail you a reply. Cheri does not have the pattern listed on her site but can still sell you a set of patterns. She says they are from a class she taught and the cost for a set is $75. E-mail her if you are interested.

      Delete
  9. What a great quilt! It's going to be a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful project--you are going to have fun with this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun quilt idea......maybe I can try that soon. Probably keeps you well motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great block. Look forward to seeing more. Enjoyed seeing the quilt through the link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely block :-), thanks for the link, the quilt is fantastic!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that the "G" is for grandma! It going to be a fun quilt and doing it with Lori will make it that much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choice of project. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a great block. Love your plaid background of course! Looks like a fun quilt and made more enjoyable by sharing the journey with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This design definitely has a Lori/Karen feel to it, to me. : )
    Look really fun. I will enjoy watching the two of you create this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks like a fun quilt along and the block is beautiful.
    I think I need to finish what i started and work on all the patterns I have, no more BOM's this year. Though Stacy's is fun to do, even if i make small items with them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is so great that you have a close friend who has the same taste in quilting and work on the same project - inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is nice to connect with someone with similar quilting interests. Sewing along with that person must keep you focused and motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You and Lori and going to have fun hosting this SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this is cute...then I went on to the Pinterest board and wow ! going to be fun to watch your progress. I saw the latest post too with the lovely Christmas gifts too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Karen!! It was so fun to connect back with your blog again!! And to see my old quilt pictures!! How fun!! I love seeing your quilt pictures and the ABC quilt come to life.
    I did want to add that the completed Pinterest quilt is Libby's.... she used to blog under A Simple Girl, but I found her under SimplyLibby now although she stopped blogging 2? Years ago too. Keep up the wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete