QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Gifts and Quilt Project Updates

I was blessed with some wonderful handmade gifts that I would like to share with you.  First is a house quilt.  Some of the fabrics looked so familiar to me and it turns out that I actually made the Sister's Choice blocks and gave them away.   Some have come back to me with the addition of houses.  Such a good use of the blocks.  And definitely my kind of fabrics.

Love this scrappy nine patch with all those little squares.  And so well done.



A delightful angel wall hanging from another long distance friend.  I like the prim style of this one.


A vintage sewing machine to add to my small collection.  This is a Singer 301A.  Advertised as the big sister to the Singer Featherweight machine.  I have been watching the bids on E-Bay for the black version for quite a while.  This is a gift from my husband.  The 301 is a full size machine and certainly not a lightweight.  The case it came in had the owner's first name written on top.  "Diane".  I don't know who Diane is but I have her machine now.  I don't name my machines but if I did, it would have to be Diane.



Next I want to share a small project  I am working on.  The first of twelve stitchery blocks from patterns by Kathy Schmitz.  One for each month of the year.  I just finished adding the blocks to the embroidery block and need to quilt it.  I purchased a table stand to hang the small quilts from.  I don't know how good I will be at doing one a month but I have all the tracing done.  Just need to find time to do the stitching.  I am working on February's block this evening.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Karen

31 comments:

  1. Everything is beautiful! Congrats on acquiring "Diane".

    ReplyDelete
  2. all wonderful pieces and a good find on that sewing machine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gifts! I have a Kathy Schmitz block of the month that I only did one block of...the July block. I need to get back to that! Such a fun sewing machine, yahoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful gifts and those are beautiful quilts, I really need to practice my piecing.
    Love that pattern but the blocks, are a bit intimidating with all the piecing;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the embroidery blocks mixed with the quilt blocks. I hope you find enough moments to sit and stitch and keep this one going. Best of luck with your new sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen muy bonitos regalos!!
    en España diríamos. Los Reyes Vinieron Cargados
    disfruta de todos
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those precious gifts! The stitchery is so fun - I love it! Congrats on the wonderful machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the house block, and the scrappy nine patches! I have a stack of nine patches that I made from a friend's cast off scraps. I hope to get them made into a top very soon. Have fun with your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely gifts!
    Love your new Kathy Schmitz bom stitchery quilt project

    ReplyDelete
  10. You received some really nice gifts. The snowman stitchery is adorable. I love it in your banner, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love every one of those gift quilts you received. What loving reminders of friends!
    Looks like a good little machine. I always hear great things about this model, but I have never tried one. Will it be something you keep out?
    Your snowman stitching is very sweet. I have been noticing him in your header and he makes me smile. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Kathy Schmitz's designs even though I've never got around to sewing any of them so I'm going to enjoy seeing yours once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 'Love the old sewing machine. Your quilt blocks are so pretty. If my embroidery skills were better, I'd do some blocks like those :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, and the gifts are all lovely as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet snowman! Love your new machine and your gifts are all lovely! Happy stitchin'!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh lucky girl-those are beautiful quilty gifts. "Diane" looks like a great fun addition to your collection, I was not familiar with the model. Your new embroidered project is so pretty. I like having little monthly changing decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful gifts! It is so wonderful "Diane" found a great home with you.
    Cute new project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have several expensive computerized machines but would prefer to sew with a 301. I bought my first- just like yours- off eBay and honestly paid too much. I have acquired quite a few more by watching Craigslist. I have bought them really cheaply. They sew on any thread and are so easy to maintain! You will love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Weren't you lucky to receive such wonderful gifts?!? I love your snowman stitchery--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Diane is Beautiful ! Congratulations and that Snowman is just the CUTEST !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful gifts! What a blessing. And a very nice machine, too! Good job, hubby. Love the snowmen and the idea of a metal stand to display each month's block. Hope your January is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This snowman block is beautiful in redwork!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely gifts and a lovely new machine. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely quilts and a gorgeous new machine (I would love one of these but we don't see them very often over here). Your snowman is cute - good luck keeping up with these blocks through the year.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are going to love that 301! It's a GREAT little machine. What a sweetie your dh is to get you that. And I just love all your gifts. Those houses and the sister's choice blocks together is awesome. And the embroidery with the pieced blocks is fabulous!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such charming gifts! And what a sweetheart your husband is to get you that fabulous machine. I have been loving your sweet snowman on your header.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You must have been an especially good girl last year!!! What wonderful gifts. And hubby did good!! My gf loves her 301.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely presents you got!!! Your Christmas project looks great! I started a Christmas quilt too, completely different, though. Also a QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Karen what wonderful gifts - and I do love that design from Kathy Schmitz, love her style!

    ReplyDelete
  30. 301s are so wonderful for sewing anything. They do weigh a ton, and I think my case weighs more than the machine, maybe. LOL Mine is tan, and I'd like a black one, too, but can't justify the cost atm. You are lucky to have a DH who is responsive to your quilting needs. =)

    ReplyDelete