QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Shenandoah Botanical Quilt Block Update and More

I am late posting my block for the Shenandoah Botanical Quilt.  I have had it done but not finding time to do a post.  I have the next block prepped for applique stitching but have not started on it.  I love red with white polka dot fabric!


I completed the wool applique on a Thanksgiving project.    The top still needs quilting.  I used a Buttermilk Basin pattern but the design was reduced in size.  I enjoyed stitching the blocks as using wool for applique is so much quicker than doing needle turn stitching.  I had hoped to complete the wall hanging before Thanksgiving 2016 but now have to aim for 2017.


I will be back tomorrow with another post.  Stay tuned.

Karen

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful blocks, you always do such beautiful work and I know it must be hard to make time for yourself lately. I hope everything is going well.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red and white polka dot fabric made perfect flowers for this block! Your lovely Thanksgiving wall hanging will be already for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen tu bloque es precioso!!
    me encanta las flores con tela de topito,
    el tapiz de otoño fantástico
    el bloque de cabecera me encanta
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. That polka dot fabric makes me smile :)

    Love the snowman in your header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Thanksgiving wall hanging - beautiful!! And the snowman header :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok we will stay tuned waiting for tomorrow ! :)
    Your block is stunning..... this red, I'm loving it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like both of your blocks. Is the Snowman block at the top of your Blog from a Karen Schmitz BOM that came out 3 - 5 years ago? I have been wanting to finish that project. Either way you did a nice job on Mr Snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Botanical blocks are beautiful. I so enjoy seeing them. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the red polka dots too. And your Give Thanks quilt is lovely. Great idea to adjust the size to fit your space.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous block! Love your Thanksgiving quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the polka dot flowers. : )
    I'm just stitching the binding down on my "Give Thanks". You got yours made quite quickly, and it looks great. You can certainly have it ready for next November.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The red polka dot fabric is a a whimsical addition I like your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two more lovely blocks, Karen. Thanksgiving 2017 will be here before we know it. The holidays sure seem to come around quicker this days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love red with the brown - what a sweet block

    ReplyDelete