QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Monday, February 13, 2017

ABC Sampler Part Three

The latest section of the ABC Sampler (pattern by Cheri Payne).  I added the gingerbread men to the section and changed the "J" block to a Nativity as I didn't really understand the block design in the pattern.  Both are from other Cheri patterns.  So there is Grandma's House, gingerbread men, and flying geese shapes for "G".  An ice-cream cone for "I".  Baby Jesus for "J".  Lori said she was thinking of using a Nativity also.


Here is a picture of the whole top row.  I didn't get a very straight picture.


I am enjoying selecting the fabrics from stash and stitching the blocks.

Be sure to visit Lori's blog to see her latest section of the sampler.

Karen

18 comments:

  1. Hey, I didn't have any gingerbread men! LOL Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun--and I love that you are tweaking the pattern to suit you.
    The "Jesus" block is a perfect switch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen trabajo muy bonito
    me encanta el bloque galleta de jengibre
    buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice blocks, I am loving both yours and Lori's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really am enjoying seeing your progress and also Lori's! Such a wonderful fun pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is really coming along beautifully, always love the patterns you do.
    Now i need to get better and organized so I can start quilting again.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love yours and Lori's individual interpretations of this simple but complex pattern!! I've flip-flopped between both of your top rows several times, finding something unique and fun that I love each time! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun quilt! I am enjoying watching your and Lori's progress. I love the addition of the Nativity scene and gingerbread men.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way this quilt is coming together! You are doing such a nice job mixing fabrics and making things come out right. I like your baby Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. charming!! what a great pattern and I like that you and Lori are adding and making it personal - hooray

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's looking very cute--I love that you are changing things up and making it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great change that is. Very wonderful project, looking absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely row. I like that you used the Nativity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is getting better and better. I can't wait to see the next section. Hugs

    ReplyDelete