QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Monday, February 27, 2017

ABC Sampler Update

Time for an ABC Sampler update.  This time Lori (Humble Quilts) and I worked on the K, L, Q, And R sections.  Out of alphabetical order but if you see the quilt layout, you would see that the quilt is put together in sections.  And the blocks do not form even rows across the quilt.  We will be working on the right section next and will fill in the missing alphabetical order blocks.  After reading my blog post, be sure to visit Lori's blog to see her blocks.

First is the kite and log cabin section. The log cabin is represented by a log cabin block.   I added the pine tree because there was empty space.

I did the quail and rooster blocks next.  I like both very much.  

And a picture of the two sections put together as they fall in place in the quilt.

I am enjoying selecting the fabrics which are all coming out of my fabric stash. Many right out of my scrap basket.   A couple small pieces are from Cheri Payne's scrap pieces which I won a couple years ago.  And enjoying the stitching even though the directions in the pattern are very sparse.

I have been asked how to purchase the pattern and will repeat the info here.  It is not on Cheri's website but she can print out a copy of the pattern on request.  She charges $75.00.  Her website is here.

I have had several comments left in the last couple weeks by people who are "no reply commentors".  I cannot answer your questions or acknowledge your kind comments unless I have a way to contact you.  Bonnie Hunter has a good post on how to find out if you are in the "no reply" category and how to fix it.  Look Here.  I try to reply to everyone who leaves a comment so if you have not heard from me, it is quite possible that I have no way of reaching you.

You will find me in the chair with a good light and my applique in my hand.  Thank you for the visit.

19 comments:

  1. Looking great. I also wanted to say I like your basket blocks from your previous post. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, you are a no reply blogger. Would love to respond to your comment.

      Delete
    2. aaaaggghhhh I get them on every single post too -
      your quilt is coming out great Lori!

      Delete
  2. Very nice Karen! Now I wish I would have added the HST to the left of the kite..... It is kind of fun working with this sparse pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new blocks, lots of personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks, as always. Do you ever sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen como siempre preciosos tus bloques !!!
    me gustan todos pero el gallo me encanta.
    buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came from Lori's blog. I am really enjoying seeing the different interpretations of this pattern. You both do "prim" so well, and you each put your own twist on it. Love your blocks, Karen!
    (Gotta say, I have never paid that much for a pattern--is that common for applique quilts?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it! Karen, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how your ABC quilt is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so much fun to see the progress on this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable and prim. I love your fabric choices, esp the tiny bits of bright colors and polka dot rooster.

    lizzy at gone to the beach

    lizzzz.d@gmail.com

    [changing no-reply is not always as simple as it seems, as this then changes other settings...]

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and Lori are so good at interpreting a pattern and making it your own. Another great month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this one, such a fun quilt and your fabrics are beautiful.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love watching your quilt progress! Each block is more fun than the one before it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh boy that looks wonderful - love this quilt so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Primitive quilts are so neat to work on - your are really making progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a no reply blogger on purpose, so you are relieved of any obligation to respond in any way. Your ABC sampler is coming together nicely! An expensive project, but if most of the fabric is out of your stash, that certainly makes up for the pattern cost.

    ReplyDelete