QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Song Challenge

Quite a few years ago, I participated in a Song Challenge with a quilt guild.  A very fun challenge.  The idea was to create a wall hanging that represented a song title and then the members would have a chance to compete to guess the names of the songs.  My quilt ended up with a friend as it was not one I wanted to keep.  We have since moved many, many miles apart but she recently reminded me that she still has the piece.  I asked her to send pictures.  Here is mine.


Notice the plumber's butt!  I can't read the captions in the photos.  If I remember correctly, Mandy is asking Joe if he wants a lap dance.  The bartender has an inventory list and he is upset about the cat knocking a bottle of beer off the wall but how it is worded, I don't remember.


And here's is Linda's challenge piece from a different guild.



Just for the fun of it, I will let you guess the song titles for both pieces.  And thank you, Linda for sending photos.

Karen

Edit:  The answers to the song titles for the two pieces are "100 Bottles of Beer On the Wall" for the wall hanging I made.  Linda's is "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" by Tiny Tim.  If you could read the inventory list the bartender is holding, you would see that he started with 100 bottles, crossed it off, 99 and cross off, and I think it stops at 98.  His caption says something about being mad at the cat (on the bar stool) for knocking bottles of beer off the wall.  Mandy & Joe were just fillers to set the bar scene.  Linda's quilt guild in the Chicago area somewhere is going to do a song challenge soon.

16 comments:

  1. The bottom one is Tiny Tim's Tip Toe Through the Tulips. Not sure about the title on yours but it is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Jeanna Said. Tip toe through the Tulips, but I don't know yours. I'm not real good with song lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen los dos son tan divertidos !!
    para mi es imposible adivinar el titulo de las canciones,
    pero son divinos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt has me stumped Karen but I guessed Tiptoe Through the Tulips straight away. Love your new Header block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep thinking of Joe's bar and a song that is in my head now, but cannot remember the name of the song, just a faint humming in my head, haha.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could your's be 99 bottles of beer on the wall? I don't recall any mention of a plumber's crack in the song though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recognized the second one right off. I think the guess above for yours is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking Billy Joel's Piano Man and Tiny Tim's Tip Toe song. Such fun challenge quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not very musical! Or maybe I need to learn some bar songs. I think the second is Tip Toe Through The Tulips. I admire your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 99 bottles of beer on the wall???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could yours be "Third Rock from the Sun"? I don't know if all the symbolism fits but that was the first thing that I thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 99 bottles of beer on the wall and tiptoe through the tulips for the second. Like both but appreciate all the details of the kit kat bar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, what a challenge. Two great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would not have gotten yours, but the Tiny Tim figure on the upper right of your friends, not to mention the tulips, gives that one away. What fun that is. One of our guild shows in the last five years had such a challenge and I was terrible at guessing any of them!

    ReplyDelete