QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Friday, June 30, 2017

"Flowers" Block Two

Block two for my sew-along with Cathy from "Big Lake Quilter".  We are using Linda Brannock's "Flowers" pattern.  Linda titled this design "Volunteer Bloom and Berries".  Not like any flower I have seen but then that is prim style.  I did a search to see if there is such a flower by that name and came up with nothing.  The block was easy to stitch because the pieces are large.


On to block three and it is recognizeable as a real flower.  We plan to shown that block on the 15th of July.

Karen

13 comments:

  1. I guess with a volunteer plant, you never know what you are going to get. This block is pretty. We had 'volunteer' squash grow in the old garden spot this year. It was exciting when we saw them pop up, and then waiting to identify what was growing. We've eaten off them twice, now. Can't wait to see the next block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your block. I just published my post. I wrote it yesterday and totally forgot to publish when I woke up...lol Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen precioso y original bloque!!
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very creative block. The top of it actually looks like one of the tall weeds (or volunteers) I pulled from my Mom's berry patch yesterday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love the unusual? I really like the block. Again, thank you for sharing, such inspiration. Happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have plenty of volunteers in my gardens. Some desirable, some not. Looks like yours was the desirable kind'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting Flower. As usual - looking good Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it may not be a real plant, but it's a fun one! Looking forward to what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear karen,what a nice block!!happystitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful block. Maybe she didn't mean volunteer flower as a name, but as a description of flowers from seeds that blow into the yard, or drop from something. I had a hanging basket several years ago, and volunteers from that original plant show up ever year, sometimes in the oddest places!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's lovely, and so is Cathy's version! I love the quilt in your header, the colors are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute prim flower block. Looks like another fun sew-along.

    ReplyDelete