QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Shenandoah Botanical Quilt Update and More

My latest block for the Shenandoah Botanical quilt.  I think this is number 23.  The flower this time is the Trumpet Honeysuckle.  This block design has a post with what would be part of the vine wrapping around it.  I stitched those stripes of green on before I trimmed the brown to size.  It gave me more to hold onto as I stitched and also made it easier to turn under as I stitched the brown fabric down to the background.


I have not stitched a block for the Bountiful Life quilt in a few months.  The next one in line is what Karen Mowrey titled "Birds With Snacks".  I have seen many of the bird blocks done in brilliant colors but I have chosen a softer color palette for my quilt.


I have completed my "Fall Festival" quilt top but it is too wide for one person to hold up for a photo.  Tomorrow, I will have an additional pair of arms here to assist and I will do a post showing the quilt.  Lori has already done a post for the end of the sew-along and I am late to the party.

Karen


19 comments:

  1. Those honeysuckle flowers and buds look pretty tricky to me.
    Clever method on the post with the vine.
    The name "Birds with Snacks" made me smile. : )
    I'll look forward to seeing your Fall Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen bonitos bloques.
    Me gusta la madre selva.
    El bloque de los pájaros me hace pensar!!
    No veo el momento de empezar mi colcha
    buen domingo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous applique blocks! Love each one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Trumpet Honeysuckle block. I like the dark background contrast with the lighter leaves. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on both blocks!! I enjoyed reading about how you handled the vines on the post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmygosh! Each block is more beautiful than the others...loving those birds...gorgeous work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your appliqué is amazing. Beautiful blocks! The birds are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your Botanical block! You did a great job on the Bountiful Life block also. I think my BL is resting as I have not touched a block in a while. I cannot believe I started that a year ago and have only finished 6 blocks! Well, maybe later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh this red on this brown background.... perfect combo as usual Karen !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love your blocks. Your applique is so beautiful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blocks, I love the top one!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks are wonderful! Some of Jan's quilt designs are enormous--I'm not surprised you need a second pair of hands. I know it will be worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your applique work is so beautiful! I really enjoyed looking at both your blocks. But those Birds With Snacks really made me smile. I'm looking forward to a picture of the entire quilt top. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beautiful applique block. You must have only a couple more months to go. I can wait to see all your blocks together. I like your softer palette for the Bountiful Life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great blocks! Can't wait to see them all togehter

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous blocks, Karen. I really like the selected fabrics for your Birds with Snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow wow wow that honeysuckle is gorgeous!!! And I love the birds with snacks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful intricate time-consuming applique :)

    ReplyDelete