QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Friday, July 28, 2017

More Stonefields Blocks and An Old Project

I have had several more Stonefields blocks done but had not taken time to photograph them.  I am using a pattern by Susan Smith.  I have grouped the blocks by pattern design.



You get to see all the strings on my design wall along with the blocks.  The block with the lady was a panel print with different views of vintage Singer Sewing Machines.  I did not get the sewing machine into the block.  Normally I would not have purchased the fabric as it had gold metallic around the pictures but I was not going to be utilizing that part anyhow.





It is fun fussy cutting fabric for the block centers.



I have decided to make a second tulip block instead of another design I did not care for.  I have not done the stitching as of yet.

And last is a work in progress.  I made the blocks quite some time ago.  The pattern has a 2012 date but I am not sure just what year I worked on them.  This past week, I trimmed and sashed the blocks and added the black border fabric.  I am working on adding wool applique but none of it is stitched down yet.  There is some embroidery to do on the border and decisions as to what other elements I want to add.  I am using Lisa Bonjean's pattern "My Favorite Things".


Getting close to bedtime.  Thanks for stopping by and I love to read your comments.
Karen

28 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, it is 11:13 PM and here I am on line, can't sleep. really like all your blocks, you do such beautiful work. Hope all is good your way. Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your blocks are wonderful, you get so much done! Love My Favorite Things, too. It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always incredibly productive! I smiled at your second tulip block. I'd choose that over a block I didn't care for too!😊 Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be less productive than I used to be but so enjoy the stitching.

      Delete
  4. Karen todos tus bloques me gustan.
    Los bloques de flores y tulipán me encantan
    bonito edredón cosas favoritas
    estaré atenta para ver el progreso
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blocks and great fabrics! The birds are my favorite. Sweet quilt, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty blocks, Karen! I have a kit for the "my favorite things" quilt..yours is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects, Karen. I especially like that header--so old-fashioned and evocative..my Grand-mere grew hollyhocks by her front porch...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your header caught me eye and I smiled! The rest of the post was as good or better. Yum my eyes thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it all. Thank you for sharing. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty blocks and the fussy cuts do look like fun. I've always wondered how you super productive quilters get so much done. I'm sure it has something to do with 'actually doing' instead of a lot of looking, like I tend to do! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. great header!
    wonderful blocks and great prim quilt

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful blocks.love your fabric combo and the header caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always so much eye candy and inspiration on your blog!! Love the new header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Karen they're so beautiful - love the squares with all the triangles, very eye-catching. That last quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely projects you are working on. I am so in awe of the amount of work you get done! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your projects. I have Lisa's pattern and hope to make it sometime in the future. Can't wait to see your block 4 for our Flowers quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Karen, Love, love your header!!!And your projects....well they are so inspiring!! Thanks for sharing.

    Hug's, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything is looking great! I have the my Favorite Things quilt too. It's on the list lol. I was trying to figure out the border too. Sometimes having decisions made for us is much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed seeing your lovely work and progress on all of these projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun blocks and fun stitching, I always enjoy seeing what's happening in your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all your blocks, you make me miss quilting and appliqué, need to get organized and decide on what to finish and start some new ones.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stonefields is looking good! There are a few of the blocks that I did not want to do either!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Each set of Stonefields is better than the last!!! Hmmmm..I have those PG blocks finished somewhere! Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooh--your fussy cutting Stonefields blocks are wonderful! Good job getting back to your PG project--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. More beautiful blocks, Karen. Your "My Favorite Things" quilt is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your blocks are looking great! (as usual!!)

    ReplyDelete