QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Friday, August 25, 2017

Blocks Update

More blocks for the Stonefields quilt I am working on.







If I were to make more of the above block design, I would cut the leaf like shapes differently.  I would make the four underneath shapes combined into one piece.  Would be easier to stitch the top ones over.

I brought out a long neglected quilt project.  It is Minnick and Simpson's "Austin Bluebird Sampler".  The pattern is a combination of pieced and applique blocks.  Here is my latest applique block.


I made my last block for the Shenandoah Botanical quilt.  I chose to make a fourth pineapple block instead of a block that looked very similar to another I had already stitched.  I plan on placing the four pineapple blocks in the four corners of the quilt.


That's it for today.
Karen

18 comments:

  1. Good idea for the Stonefields block. I plan to start mine in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have been stitching up a storm--(only we got no rain--and we need some!!) The second block down would be a neat block for a quilt if you had alot of prints that one needed to 'frame'!!!
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful works...love the Blue Bird one...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bunch of lovely blocks. You've been really busy. The Austin Bluebird Sampler is a pretty one. I have been tempted to buy that pattern a couple of times. The little framed scene block is really cute. Where did you find that fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blocks, it's fun to switch up the applique projects and bounce around, then all of a sudden, one will be close to a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the blocks. You have been busy. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen maravillosos bloques,
    todos son fantásticos¡¡me encantan!!
    Los bloque de las piñas en las esquinas, una gran idea.
    Buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Stonefield's blocks are looking great! I agree on the leaf block. Also like the Austin block - pretty. Could I borrow a hand until October?? LOL I am sooooo far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all so pretty! Your little fingers have been busy! I especially love the bluebirds block and love that you will have pineapples in the corners of your other quilt. I like the fabric with the lady and the goat too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your blocks. I can't wait to see your next Flowers block. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful blocks for all of your projects. You're working on so many different styles, but each one is definitely you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your blocks are wonderful! I love all your fabric choices--I think the framed "cameo" print is my favorite, but they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have been VERY busy!! Beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Stonefields blocks are so sweet, esp. the floral ones! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truly amazing blocks!!! I adore those pineapples!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what nice blocks on your ongoing projects. the bluebird block is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the blocks! Those pineapples are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all very nice blocks, Karen. I have often wondered...do you hoop the blocks when you are hand stitching the appliqué? If so, what is your favorite hoop?

    ReplyDelete