QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Coxcomb and Hearts

Another flower block from Linda Brannock's pattern called "Flowers".  This one is titled "Coxcomb and Hearts.  Cathy from Big Lake Quilter should have her block posted today also.  We are moving along at a steady pace.  Lots of half square triangle units to make after the applique blocks are done.  We are enjoying working on the same pattern and giving encouragement to each other.


The color in the picture is showing a bit darker than the block actually is.

Thank you for the visit.
Karen

16 comments:

  1. The two versions are both so lovely--amazing to see the different interpretations...lots of fun watching you two hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block and Big Lake Quilter's block are both so pretty. I like the heart shapes in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you pieced your background. My red is more burgundy I like your red better. Now on to our next block. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you pieced your background, it is simple but adds so much interest to the block. Your applique is lovely, too. Both of you are making some wonderful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful block Karen.
    I too like the clever way you pieced your background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty ! Love the whimsical heart shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As mentioned, the pieced stripe in the background lends added visual interest.
    I really like this flower, and as I told Cathy--those circles look tiny. I don't know how you manage them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen tu bloque de flor es muy bonito!
    Vere el de Cathy ahora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat block--love the row of hearts growing inbetween the flowers--
    and I envy how nice and round your circles look--good job!!!
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fascinating block with the hearts in the center. I liked the striped backing, it gives it a tailored look. Another great block, look forward to seeing all the blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the hearts on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you mixed up the stripe in the bsckground. It adds some playfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely block. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another charming block. Like the way the background is pieced.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it, great to see what you did with the stripe.

    ReplyDelete