QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Flower Themed Swap

I participated in a flower themed prim style swap through a prim Facebook group.  I received a quilt from Bats Atwood that is cute as can be.  Cats, a mouse, and flowers.  The mouse is in the center of the log cabin block.  She also did a creative label for the back of the quilt.



I had Susan Somerset's name for the swap and made her the quilt shown below.  I posted a picture back in July after Susan received the quilt.  At that time, I explained that I used a block from a Liberty Gatherings patriotic themed pattern.  Several designers contributed a block design.  This particular block did not have the designer name on the pattern but I think it is Joined At the Hip.


I enjoyed participating in this swap and am pleased with the wall hanging I received.

Karen

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces...what a fun swap...enjoy hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both very nice little quilts! Looks like a fun swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen felicidades los dos son preciosos!!
    buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to share a treasure and receive a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little quilt you received! And a pretty one that you sent to your partner! That looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little quilt that you got for the swap--and it is all you!!! and I like the one you sent her--
    keep stitching--
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was a fun post :) Both what you sent and received are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet little wall hanging and what a clever little label. The color and balance in the one that you made are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I just changed my name to Susan Somerset....grin. That's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun swap--the label is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great little prim quilt you received. And lucky Susan to be the recipient of your beautiful little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a delightful swap...love the prim quilt you received! so very fun...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both quilts, and most especially the block at the top of this page. Hollyhocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both quilts are stunning.Great swap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such a fun quilt and love the different blocks, and yours is beautiful and beautiful appliqué.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the block you made. The one you received from the swap was really nice too.

    ReplyDelete