QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Stonefields

More Stonefields blocks to share with you though not all are block designs by the pattern designer.  I am substituting blocks to suit myself.  Some by Kay McKenzie and Jeana Kimball.  Or from my Electric Quilt program.


I like the fussy cut bird on the block below.




The frame fit fairly well around this fussy cut basket of flowers.  The background is a French General fabric.  I was hoping to be able to use the basket somehow in the quilt.



The fussy cutsbelow are from a French General fabric.  The alphabet fabric is by Blackbird Designs.  I have used that alphabet fabric as background in a few of the blocks.


Notice the flowers.  They are from a Civil War print.




The fussy cuts pieces are from a French General fabric.


I decided to make another block utilizing the oval frame.  I showed some blocks using it in a previous post.

This block is from a Kay McKenzie pattern called "Bluebells".  I like the fussy cut reverse applique center.


The letter "K" is for my name and came from a French General fabric.





I have five blocks left to prep and stitch.  And I may replace one block that I made.  I have not shown it but it turned out a bit smaller than I need.  I could sew it with small seams when I start putting everything together.

You may have noticed that I am not using actual green fabrics for the leaves and stems.  I had navy blue in one block.  Mostly, I have been using gold fabrics that had a bit of green tone to them.  Just wanted something different.

I will post more block pictures soon as I have several more done.
Karen

24 comments:

  1. The Stonefields blocks are looking really lovely. What a great idea to use the alphabet fabric. I have some of that I could use in mine. Eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been so innovative with these lovely blocks. I really enjoyed seeing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Karen. Love all of your changes. You beat me darn but I will catch up later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and beautiful. I love how you used the French General prints.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy, thank you for your compliment. French General prints have been so popular with quilters. I wish I had bunches of all the lines.

      Delete
  5. Karen todos tus bloques son maravillosos!!
    los bloques de las florecitas me encantan,
    Guardo algunas telas General Francés para algo especial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all very lovely blocks and will make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your blocks are lovely. Your fabric choices are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks, some I recognize using the pattern for a quilt I have made (some Kay McKenzie blocks mainly)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have many lovely toile fabrics--and I really like that fussy cut bird...very pretty blocks...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been reading your blog for a long time, but have never commented before. You have the loveliest applique I believe I have ever seen! It is not something I do, and if I do, it is the cheater kind with zig zag stitching on edges. Just wanted to tell you how beautiful yours are and I always enjoy your blog and seeing your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome work on the fuzzy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Karen, you are so creative. I love the fussy cut blocks and especially the french general fabrics. Your "K" is so elegant and pretty. Your use of blues keeps catching my eye; I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am enjoying seeing you make wonderful progress on these blocks. They are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these blocks are so pretty and so interesting - all the fussy cutting - I especially love the little butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it great when your fabrics cooperate so nicely with the pattern. Wonderful fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the blocks and your fabric choices, one thing I love about appliqué, is so many choices to play with in colors and prints.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh so nice! You really are cranking them out! They are all so pretty :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful display of blocks and so many lovely fussy cut blocks. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blocks are beautiful and so very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! The blocks are really fun!! I love the changes you are making. That letter K is really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is one fabulous project in the making, and I am delighted to see some of the blocks from my book Inspired by Tradition amongst the others! Thank you!!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm working on Stonefields as well. I'm not really a fan of my own. I'm using a grey background, and it's way too contemporary for me. I love yours! Love your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete