QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Monday, October 30, 2017

Flowers Quilt Top

I have the "flowers" quilt top together.  I thought it would be easier than it was to sew together.  There are two sizes of half square triangles.  The size does fit the block size without the use of spacers.  Also, it was a bit confusing trying to get the triangle units turned the correct direction.  I was able to pin the top to my design wall for the photos.


Some close up pictures of different sections of the quilt.





Cathy has her top done and you can see it here.  We have selected another pattern to work on so stay tuned for our next quilt project.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Last of Linda Brannock "Flowers" Blocks

Two blocks this time made using Linda Brannock's "Flowers" pattern.  First is the Pineapple block.


And the second one is the "Marigolds and Blueberries".


The marigold block, though simple in style, took a bit of time to stitch with all the curves.  I like the design very much.

Cathy has her blocks done and you can see them herehttp://wwwbiglakequilter.blogspot.com/2017/10/last-two-again.html.  We plan on having the quilt top to a finished stage (not quilted) on October 30th.

Karen

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Give Thanks

Another new wall hanging ready for Thanksgiving display.  I used Cheri Payne's "Give Thanks" pattern.  It was shown colored with crayons and without a border.  I enlarged the design 150% and did needle turn applique.  Then added a border to it.  I was not sure what color to make the Pilgrim couple's clothing.  I have seen black, brown, and grey Pilgrim outfits.  I went with a black/brown fabric I had in stash.  I mainly used cotton fabrics but did some touches of wool on the very small pieces.  Cute Raggedy Ann and Andy Pilgrim couple.


The design is found in the files on Cheri's Facebook group page.

Have a great Saturday!
Karen

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Harvest Sun

This finish was a very long time coming.  The quilt has needed binding for a few years now.  My mistake was draping it over the quilt rack in the living room instead of having it in the sewing room.  It looked done hanging on the rack even though I knew what needed to be done to it.  I had two quilt holders today so that I could get a picture.  I did not realize that they were holding it upside down so now that I have rotated it, the tile floor is at the top of the photo.  It was a large quilt and hard for them to hold up high enough for a picture.


The pattern I used is called "Harvest Sun" and was designed by Cherie Ralston.  You can find it in "Stars All Around Us".  I did not do the applique border.  Instead, I let the Jo Morton stars fabric do the work.  The lamb in the center of the sun blocks is also a Jo Morton fabric which many of you might recognize.  It was a very popular fabric and I think it was reprinted a second time not too long ago.  These are my kind of colors.

Karen

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Ever Thankful

Finally finished.  "Ever Thankful".  I used Cheri Payne's pattern to make this wall hanging using wool on cotton.  I look forward to displaying it during the Thanksgiving Holiday season.  Looks like the turkey could squish the pumpkin he is standing on.