QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Give Thanks

Another new wall hanging ready for Thanksgiving display.  I used Cheri Payne's "Give Thanks" pattern.  It was shown colored with crayons and without a border.  I enlarged the design 150% and did needle turn applique.  Then added a border to it.  I was not sure what color to make the Pilgrim couple's clothing.  I have seen black, brown, and grey Pilgrim outfits.  I went with a black/brown fabric I had in stash.  I mainly used cotton fabrics but did some touches of wool on the very small pieces.  Cute Raggedy Ann and Andy Pilgrim couple.


The design is found in the files on Cheri's Facebook group page.

Have a great Saturday!
Karen

12 comments:

  1. It turned out so sweet. I love that you made it your own by doing what you do best - applique! The HST are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute--and I am not done with Halloween projects yet--still hand quilting the mystery wall hanging--to be thinking about Thanksgiving projects--
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Karen. Especially love the striped socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so cute!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pilgrim couple turned out really nice. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen que bonito ¡¡me encanta esta pareja !!
    los triángulos del borde esta genial
    buen domingo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever use of this pattern with adorable results!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute idea to do this sweet design in appliqué!

    ReplyDelete