QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Harvest Sun

This finish was a very long time coming.  The quilt has needed binding for a few years now.  My mistake was draping it over the quilt rack in the living room instead of having it in the sewing room.  It looked done hanging on the rack even though I knew what needed to be done to it.  I had two quilt holders today so that I could get a picture.  I did not realize that they were holding it upside down so now that I have rotated it, the tile floor is at the top of the photo.  It was a large quilt and hard for them to hold up high enough for a picture.


The pattern I used is called "Harvest Sun" and was designed by Cherie Ralston.  You can find it in "Stars All Around Us".  I did not do the applique border.  Instead, I let the Jo Morton stars fabric do the work.  The lamb in the center of the sun blocks is also a Jo Morton fabric which many of you might recognize.  It was a very popular fabric and I think it was reprinted a second time not too long ago.  These are my kind of colors.

Karen

25 comments:

  1. karen que trabajo tan impresionante!!!
    buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a beautiful quilt. Those colors are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt Karen. You have made excellent fabric choices and the design is great. Love those HSTs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious . . . hanging over the quilt rack just needing the binding. Sounds like something I would do. Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job and beautiful piecing, I do love that color combination.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the colors and that sashing is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful finish Karen ! I did the same thing with one of mine on the top of the sofa....no comment !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Karen, it was worth the wait. Now it can go back on the quilt rack for all to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic quilt. I love the colors and the fabrics. Glad to know I'm not the only one that takes a while to finish a quilt...lol Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just popping in to say this is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful finish! What's not to love about Jo Morton fabric. Great way to showcase it. It looks like a challenging pattern, right up your alley :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt. You can be proud.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely finish--the sheep in the center of each star is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Karen, I absolutely love it. It's a beautiful quilt and the colors are awesome. I do remember both of those fabrics and yes, I even have the book. It would be a pattern I'd still like to do. Just need more time!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous and my kind of colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. At first I didn't see what was upside down, then I read...the lambs.
    Very pretty quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful quilt, Karen. I think it is a hoot that you were able to rotate the photo so the quilt would be oriented correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love this one!! The center lambs gives a bit of whimsy too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my - the piecing you did - so beautiful and gorgeous fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This one is way above my pay-grade, lol. What beautiful work you do!

    ReplyDelete