QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Monday, November 13, 2017

Blackbird

I was going to wait until this wall hanging was quilted to share a picture but there is too much going on at this time of year for me to quilt it any time soon.  I was inspired by Cathy's piece that she did and you can see it here.  The design is by Alma Allen and found in a book titled "Homespun Hearth" by Jan Patek.   The design I used is called "Blackbird".  I added a border to it to make a wall hanging.


I have had the basket print fabric for a good while.  I used it for color inpiration pulling the tan out for the background and the red for the flower.  And, of course, the blackbird needed to be black.  The black stripe makes a nice inner border.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  I will be prepping and stitching applique blocks today.

Karen

20 comments:

  1. Just adorable Blackbird ;)) and I L O V E your Mr. turkey--so cute...
    hugs, P.S. checked out Cathy's cute rendition, too--love how you both use the same pattern differently! , Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute block and I love that tiny basket fabric for the border--I am also doing applique today--mine is red trucks!!
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen me gusta tu tapiz con flor bellota y cuervo ¡¡¡precioso!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parece que tu pajato es mirlo !!
    Me gusta más. me encantan los mirlos cuado están en mi jardin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful block and love the border print, really sets it off nicely. I will have to think about that when I do small ones, I do have similar prints.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute—I like the stripey flower and checkered leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely wall quilt. Well done on the fabric selection - everything fits just perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty little black bird!! Cathy's is cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the variety of fabrics you used. The border fabric ties it all together and you cut it so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the borders on your quilt. Now I'm rethinking about adding a border to mine. However it is just the right size to hand on my table quilt stand. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just the cutest thing, ever. I like the first one I saw too...yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it was Cathy's I saw! Lovely!

      Delete
  12. This is a great block. You're right about the black inner border, it adds just the right touch. It turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it. Wonderful fabrics and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful. It's just pure fun to see your applique blocks, Karen.

    ReplyDelete