Once I got the star blocks all put together, I realized that I did not want to go much bigger with this quilt. The star blocks are 12" each so that the piece was 36". The pattern shows three borders of 2" each. A light one first, a red one, and then another light one. I had enough of the same background fabric to cut 1 3/4" strips to go around. That gave some space around the star blocks before binding. I used pieces of pinks and reds that were used in the quilt to create the binding. Though I liked the quilt as the designer made hers, this makes me happy.
Today is the monthly meeting of The Sew 'n Sews. It is about a 90 minute drive for me today to get there. I need to gather my stuff up and get ready to go. Another post soon. This is post 198. I have a give-away coming on post 200, so be on the look out.